Stations are complex systems that require enormous management and coordination efforts to make them functional and safe. In this context, the installation of ITS (Intelligent Transport System) technology, inside and outside the station, alongside a monitoring and centralized control platform, allows the safer, more coordinated and smarter use of the transport networks.
Gematica has implemented a Smart Station solution in which the station in interconnected with all its subsystems and can be managed by one single Control Center. For example, as is the case for road and rail transport, the stand-alone systems such as access, e-ticketing, customer information, surveillance & security, and depot management gates are centralized thus allowing integrated and coordinated management of the whole ecosystem.
In particular, thanks to data correlation and analysis, our solution allows, through machine learning technology, the predictive and corrective maintenance of the assets, improvement in control, security and quality of services provided in stations, staff economy, decrease in ticket evasion and environmental impact thanks to an efficient management of the energy sources.
Therefore, this integrated solution in either the road and rail transport systems, results in a safer and more functional mobility experience for the users, also thanks to an increase in the services provided, and in a more efficient management and control of the transport system for managers/operators with a view to environmental and economic sustainability.
- Collection and disclosure of data generated by different subsystems through a network infrastructure (MSN) which connects all the locations concerned with the control center
- Collection, analysis and real-time and historical centralized visualization of heterogenous data
- Centralized Management of Station Services
- Management, monitoring and control on geo-referenced map of the fixed and mobile assets of the station
- Management and analysis of critical events resulting from the collection of data coming from different subsystems
- Tracking and management of accidents, through the detection of single events or alarms, whether they are due to failures or other causes
- Management of maintenance tickets
- Predictive and corrective maintenance of fixed and mobile assets
- Monitoring and control of the different areas of the station through access control and video-surveillance systems
- Monitoring and control of the availability and performance of the IT network infrastructure
- Issue and sales of tickets on any Android and Apple smartphone, for urban and suburban road and rail transport