Gematica has developed expertise in manufacturing complex communication systems and software solutions dedicated to railway transport and road mobility since 2004. More specifically, the company designs and implements the following solutions:
These solutions have been implemented (or are being implemented) in projects, in Italy and abroad.
For each project Gematica deals with all the steps needed to realize a “turn-key” solution, which range from design to maintenance, through supervision, installation and commissioning.
This is the stage in which all the preliminary and detailed documentation required by the project is produced, including:
- Requirements Traceability Matrix;
- Technical Specification;
- Interface Specification;
- Project Management Plan;
- Configuration Management Plan;
- Construction Quality Control Plan;
- EMI/EMC Plan and Dossier.
- Quality and Safety Plan;
- RAMS Plan and Analysis;
- Training and Maintenance Manuals;
- Radio Coverage Plan and Report;
- IP Addressing;
- As Built;
During the design stage, all the drawings and documents required are produced so as to serve also as input for the engineering department for the installation.
In this stage Gematica manages all the activities needed for the preparation and execution of Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Factory Integration Tests (FIT) with the presence of the customer.
The objective of the FAT is to prove the correct functionality and compliance of the subsystem with the contract requirements and the applicable standards.
A FAT includes the following steps:
- Functional Tests aimed at checking the main functionalities on a subset and on the system as a whole
- Hardware Tests aimed at checking hardware completeness based on the project baseline
The objective of the FIT is to test in the factory all the integrated functionalities between the TLC subsystems in terms of compliance with the contract requirements and subsystem requirements.
In most cases Gematica supervises the correct installation of the subsystem with on-site inspections and adequate training to the installation company. In specific cases it manages directly the installation.
In parallel to and after the installation, Gematica carries out for each area of the system (e.g. control center, depot, stations, vehicles, service vehicles) all the activities to guarantee that all equipment operates in accordance with the approved design documents and are ready for commissioning.
This stage ends with a formal acceptance test conducted in the real environment (SAT and SIT) to verify the real performance and functionality of the system as well as to validate the system with the customer.
The final stages of the turnkey projects provide for the end customer training and maintenance after commissioning.
More specifically, Gematica:
- Trains the maintenance staff and the operators for the O&M, with adequate documentation and courses
- Supports the O&M staff during pre-commissioning (without passengers)
- Carries out, where requested, the maintenance of the system in operation with different levels of assistance according to the complexity of the system to maintain